In customer-facing commercial facilities, like retail stores, upkeep is critical to keep shoppers safe, comfortable, and happy. Whether you have a dedicated maintenance staff, or you’re a local one-person boutique, retail facilities management companies can keep your building in tip-top shape, and keep your customers shopping!
What Retail Facilities Management Companies Do
You invest a lot on your retail facility, so naturally, you want to put your best foot forward for customers. But just keeping inventory organized and fingerprints off the door is a big job. When it comes to maintaining your building, having dependable professionals in your corner saves you time and money.
A dedicated retail facilities management company takes the stress out of managing multiple vendors. The benefits of using a retail facilities management company include:
- They have a nationwide network of local vendors
- They have already vetted vendors to find the most reliable and experienced
- They negotiate pricing and services on your behalf
- They schedule service calls and manage communication on your behalf
- They are available 24/7/365 so you never have to scramble to find a vendor
- You pay just ONE invoice each month for all vendors and services you need
Services That Retail Facilities Management Companies Provide
A management company employs vendors that offer a full range of facilities maintenance services. From simple handyman services, to large scale plumbing repairs, a management company can source any solution you need.
Some of the most common retail facilities maintenance services include:
- Janitorial – Floors, windows, counters, trash removal
- Plumbing – Emergency leaks, clogged drains, repair and replacement of fixtures
- Electrical – Fixture repair and replacement, lighting, AV systems, alarm system
- HVAC & refrigeration – Emergency repair, general maintenance, replacement
- General maintenance – Stuck locks, light bulb replacement, painting, drywall repair
- Landscaping – Regular, seasonal, storm cleanup, debris removal
- Parking lot – Cleaning, maintenance, striping
- Snow and ice management – Sidewalk, parking lot, awnings
- Carpentry & masonry – Siding, marquee signs, shelf, cabinet and counter repair
Retail Facilities Management Companies Save You Money
Staying on top of facilities maintenance not only keeps your retail store looking great for customers, but it can also save you money in the long-run. By practicing proactive maintenance, you can find and fix minor issues before they become costly repairs.
A prime example is with your building’s HVAC system. While it may be painful to shell out the money for quarterly maintenance only to get the “all clear,” the cost of practicing reactive maintenance (waiting for something to break) is much higher. Think about how much more it would cost if the system suddenly failed. You’d not only be faced with the cost of total replacement, but also the cost of having to close your store while the work is done — or, stay open and risk uncomfortable and unhappy customers and employees.
However, specifically with systems like your HVAC, facilities maintenance technology is rapidly evolving to allow businesses to practice a third kind of maintenance: conditional. IoT (Internet of Things) HVAC sensors now exist that monitor the condition of your HVAC system in real-time. The system alerts you to maintenance recommendations and issues that require repair. The sensors enable you to pay for repair and maintenance on an as-needed basis based on the actual condition of the equipment.
While conditional maintenance technology doesn’t exist for every aspect of your building, the same concept applies: making repairs and conducting regular maintenance as-needed ultimately results in fewer emergencies and major (costly) repairs.
Trillium Facility Solutions Keeps Your Customers Happy — And Shopping
The reality is that your customers are judging your store from the moment they pull into the parking lot. A clean, comfortable, well-kept retail store will always be more appealing to customers. Flickering lights, dirty windows, and cracked counters are a turnoff that will cost you more money in the long-run.
One call to Trillium Facility Solutions is all it takes to keep your store in tip-top shape and keep your customers happy. And happy customers stay in stores longer, return often, and spend more money!
Get in touch with any of our amazing team members who are standing by ready to serve! Call (844) 818-5713 to learn more.